Monday, November 2, 2009

Oh how Justin can scare me!!

As some of you know Justin can cause me a bit of stress sometimes. Whenever he throws a mega tantrum or gets hurt really bad he holds his breath and passes out. Surprisingly I have gotten some what used to this...I know hard to believe...not saying it doesn't scare me still, but the panic isn't as intense as it used to be. Well today that changed. Today Justin and Che were upstairs playing and according to Che, Justin tripped and fell into the wall...well Justin cried a little but not the cry he normally does before he holds his breath and passes out...so I wasn't that concerned...then it went silent...here comes the panic!! I ran up the stairs to find him on the ground face down with his back arched, eyes rolled back and kind of twitching, when I rolled him over his lips were kind of purple...then he took and huge breath and started crying really hard...I have to say that was the best sound I had ever heard. I called the doctor to let them know what had happened in case they wanted to see him...they said that all of that can be normal for breath holding, but to watch him...he is already back to normal and running around playing like nothing happened...only evidence that anything happened is a red mark on his nose and a small rug burn on his tummy. Poor little guy. But man if this is how the breath holding episodes are going to go from now on I am going to need to go on a heart medication or some ulcer meds. Ahhhh....!!!

2 comments:

Desert Rose blooming in Arizona, said...

Motherhood is NOT for sissies! Hang in there!

Grandma said...

I can see how Justin can scare you. That would be more than a little unnerving. Poor little guy. Do the doctors know why he is doing that? very scarey.