Wow! We had so much fun. Angel (an old roommate of mine) and I went to Salt Lake City with out kids or husbands. You don't know how much you need a weekend away to rejuvenate until you take one. I feel totally recharged and ready to take on my life, kids and family for another year. That's right her and I are going to make a annual maybe semi-annual retreat of it. I recommend all women and/or mothers doing this for themselves. It was great to have a night where I didn't have to listen for crying kids or anything! Sure a car alarm kept Angel and I up most of the night, but hey it was still nice to be able to just rest.
The two pictures are of the Salt Lake Temple through a window in the Joseph Smith building while we were waiting to see the movie. It just caught my eye and was so beautiful to me.
This is my friend Angel while we were on top of the conference center building. What a neat place! Did you know that all of the vegetation on the roof top is all native to Utah and is designed to resemble what the pioneers saw when they first came into the valley. It was so beautiful.
So as you can see I had a great time. I missed my family and they missed me, we have been having a really fun evening since I got home. I love my family. And what a fabulous husband I have to happily watch the kids for me so that I can do this. :) I love him :)




1 comment:
I am so glad that you had a wonderful time! A mommy needs that every once in a while and I am glad that you were able to catch up with old friends. I have to agree with you that you do have a great husband but then he has a wonderful wife also!! Love, Deb
Post a Comment