Sunday, September 7, 2008

Provo Canyon

yesterday (Saturday) we planned on hiking to the "Y" and I had decided that I would only do the hike if I could push our off road double stroller because when we hiked to the caves we had to carry the kids most of the time and it was pretty hard for me. Little did we know that there is a post blocking you from being able to push a stroller up. So we didn't go. all well. Probably better that we waited anyways. I was pretty bummed that we couldn't go so we drove around looking for something else to do. We ended up in Provo canyon at Vivian park, just after we got there the Heber Valley Train pulled in and Che went crazy. Che just loves trains and everything to do with them. We had to run from one end of the train to the other looking at it all. He was so excited. So we laid out a blanket and had out picnic watching the train. When it was ready to head back up the canyon it sounded it horn so loud it scared Che. He was visibly shaking. Brian and I couldn't help but laugh at him so he let out a really forced chuckle type laugh. It was so funny.  He was so sad when the train left. We had a lot of fun. It was so pretty and I was surprised to see some hints of fall starting to show up on the mountains in the canyon.

6 comments:

Lorina said...

The Heber Creeper (haha.. The Train)
Does this really fun Polar Express ride during the holidays.. but it's REALLY expensive! $35 per adult and $12-$15 per kid.. something like that.

We were thinking of taking it.. this winter but it all depends on if we can afford $100 to ride a train. Yikes.

Erin Dooley said...

I wish I could've been there. I can see Che's face now when he saw the train. How much fun you guys must have had. I'm happy that all is well for you. We miss you!

Teresa said...

wish you could of been here too Erin. we sure miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Maybe I can go with you next time you go to the Y and help with the boys. It is a good hike and the view is spectacular! That is funny about Che' and the train. Love, Deb

joni said...

Teresa- Hi, It's been forever! Looks like you've got a cute couple of boys. Are you in touch with any other roommates from our first year at ricks? Glad to be back in touch.

Teresa said...

Hey Joni - It has been forever I totally miss you. No I lost contact with Melanie a few years back she got married to a guy from south america and moved there last I heard. How about you? call me sometime. 801-701-0378