Monday, June 8, 2009

Crazy Dayz!

The workings of Justin's mind will always be a mystery to me!
Last week Brian and I set up some pretty well hidden spider traps for some hobo and brown recluse spiders. Today some how (I have no idea how) Justin found one of the traps and opened it and some how got it stuck to the side of his face. (cheek, lips and neck) When he couldn't get it off he started screaming...Che came running down stairs telling me that Justin had gotten into my desk again, so I went up stairs to investigate finding Justin at the top of the stairs with this on his face...I was on the phone with my grandma and she said to call poison control, but I didn't have the number so I called 911 instead and they connected me to poison control...luckily the trap was non-toxic so yeah for that. Poison control told 911 that it isn't an emergency and that it can all be handled over the phone 911 confirmed that they didn't need to dispatch anyone and then hung up. Poison control walked me through how to get the thing off of Justin and that the only problem would probably be skin irritation from the adhesive and not to worry...he said he would call back in an hour to check in on him and to call if anything happens like a bad reaction or anything. SO I get off the phone with Poison control and was cleaning Justin up in the tub and I here a knock on my door??? I run down to answer the door to find a Police officer there...he said he was checking in to make sure Justin was okay so he came in and looked at Justin and told me that the Paramedics were here and needed to take a look at Justin. I was a little confused but went along with it and told them what the poison control guy had told me. They said that was all correct and at this point I had gotten the spider trap off of his face and was just trying to clean the rest of the adhesive off of his cheek so they didn't even do anything...Che had been freaking out and I think they could tell so they asked him if they wanted to come and get a sticker so we all walked outside to the paramedic truck and got stickers and they turned the lights on for the kids. At this point several neighbors had come out side to see what was going on (they thought Che had called 911 for me). Anyway, Justin is fine and you wouldn't even know that anything was wrong. Thank goodness!! Just another crazy day in the our house :) Ha ha :) Gotta find better hiding places for those traps though :) Thanks to everyone that was concerned :) You are all very sweet and helpful :)

4 comments:

Lorina said...

What a nightmare! I am happy that he is okay though, I probably would have acted the same way! Haha.

I am happy to hear you are doing better. I am glad they have tried some new methods to fix whatever is wrong.

Also, so I got the NASTIEST sunburn EVER! No one told me that being pregnant makes it burn twice as fast. I have blisters and everything. Well, needless to say all I had in my house was Aloe Vera with Lidocaine. So I put it on. Turns out your not even supposed to use lidocaine while pregnant. AT ALL! Gah, How was I supposed to know this. Seriously! The bottle didn't say anything. Stupid companies. Anyway, I hope I didn't cause any damage or anything. Sigh. I called my doctor and he's like "don't use it again" I will cry if something goes wrong!!

Miss you too.

Erin Dooley said...

Never a dull moment!!! Love you guys!

Laurie Burdett said...

Oh the adventures of having little boys! Just wait--there will be 3 soon. I love hearing of their shennanigans. Keep posting--I love it! Love, Aunt Laurie

Julie said...

Lol! this makes me laugh! I am glad that Justin is ok..
BoyS! I wished I had been there to see it...
Perhaps posting the poison control #on your fridge would be a good idea!
Glad all is ok!