Alright! Yes I hurt myself AGAIN!!! I was cooking homemade fudge yesterday and trying to clean my kitchen at the same time...I know not too bright!! Well I was stirring the
marshmallow mixture that was boiling on the stove and a large bubble popped out and landed on the palm of my hand. when I stopped
stirring the mixture to rinse off my burn it over flowed and caught on fire on the burner. So forgetting about my burn I got the fire out, and tried to salvage my fudge. Once I was all done I realized that my hand was hurting really bad. So I
grabbed an ice
pack and took a break. The Ice
pack felt warm on the burn so I knew that wasn't good. My mom told me I should call my on call doctor to see what else I should do. When I told them what had happened and how if felt they told me to go into the ER right away. So I got Justin up from his nap and my girlfriend put my kids in the car for me. I took them to my In-laws and my mother-in-law and I went to the ER. Thank goodness she was there. It was my right hand so I couldn't write so she was nice enough to do that for me. Plus it was so nice to get some time to hang out with her (just trying to see the up side to
this) Well, it turned out that the burn was only a 1st degree burn (yeah!!) and so they put some burn cream on my hand and wrapped it up really good (
LOL) and sent me home with more cream and pain killers ( :)) They said that I could take it off today if it wasn't cracked or blistering and it wasn't so yeah!! Aside from a really small red spot you wouldn't know anything had happened to my hand. So luck!! Well that is my drama for the weekend. Hopefully the last for the year at least :) I will keep my fingers crossed!
3 comments:
Charlie loves the fudge! I am glad that I could be there with you! Love, Deb
When I heard about this little incident all I could think was, "not again," LOL. How are you still in one piece? I'm happy that you're OK and from what mom wrote you saved the fudge. Good for you! We would like some mailed to us please:)hehehe. We miss you guys. Stay away from anything sharp, hot or moving at all until at least the 1st. I love you Teresa!!!
Merry Christmas.. I hope your hand is feeling better. Hugs.
Post a Comment