Sunday, October 5, 2008

Just another day

As some of you might have heard I had to go to the emergency room late last night. I started having a sharp pain on my left side that just kept getting worse. After about 30 minutes it was so bad I could hardly think. I told Brian that he needed to get our neighbor for a blessing and then we needed to go to the emergency room. He called his mom to come over to watch the kids who were sleeping and then went and got our neighbor. When I got up to walk out to the car the pain got so bad that I started to dry heave. I didn't think that I was going to make it to the hospital I thought whatever is wrong is going to kill me before I got there. I know this totally sound dramatic, but this is really what was going through my mind, the whole way to the hospital I hung my head out of the window sobbing and dry heaving in pain. When we pulled up the the emergency room Brian helped me get out of the car at which point the pain got so bad that I just sank to the ground and started to sob and dry heave even more. I know that I must of looked just wonderful. The emergency room staff came running out...this is where my memory gets a little fuzzy because I was in so much pain it just kind of consumed me. But next thing I know I was in a room and they were putting and IV in me and putting some pain killers in. Once the pain killer started to kick in, I was able to start answering some questions and calm down. The pain was still super intense, but I felt calm. They took me in to get a scan of some kind I can't remember what they called it Eric probably knows what one I am talking about. Once that came back I was informed that I had a kidney stone. Wow all that pain for a kidney stone. I would of rather had a baby!! So they gave me some pain killers and some other drugs to help and sent me home. Now I am all drugged up and tired, but at least the pain is manageable now. I also wanted to send out a Thank you to everyone who has called and showed their concern...it has really meant a lot to me :)

3 comments:

Desert Rose blooming in Arizona, said...

Teresa,

Okay - that was really scarey just reading it - I think I held my breath the whole time while hurriedly getting to the end. I took Nida Hanson (remember her from Yelm?) to the doctor while she was passing a kidney stone. We flew there from Scenic Shores - I thought she was dying in my back seat. Soooooo...I really feel for you and poor Brian! I bet he was scared out of his mind! Hope you only had one in there! Love, Kathy

Erin Dooley said...

I'm so happy that you're doing better now. We know that kidney stones are not fun. I hope I never have to know personally but Jared feels your pain...and I feel Brian's. I'm sorry that you had to go through that. We love you!

Julie said...

We are all just so dang happy that you are ok! Yeah!