Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The joys of canning

My friend Julie heard about free apples...so she was nice enough to share those apples with Lorina and I. Yesterday we all got together and decided to make applesauce. Something that non of us had ever done, nor did we realize how hard and long it would be. Especially with six small kids. Lets just say that if it hadn't been for how much we gained from our efforts it wouldn't be worth it. The kids totally destroyed my house, and so did we. Below are some pics of the fun, the mess, and the results of our efforts.
Ammon tried to bury Che with my clean laundry...how cute
then all of the kids pulled my couch cushions off of my couch and ran all over them screaming...
My stove got destroyed!! Seriously my knobs melted, and we had to get out the serious scrub stuff to get all the crap off of my stove!
Here is half of the apple sauce that we made...and we still have the other half of the apples to work with on Thursday...fun fun!!

7 comments:

Julie said...

I think that your pics turned out better than mine.oh well! Good times!

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

How fun for you guys Teresa! That will be wonderful for you to have in storage! I must say, I am very much impressed! :) That's an impressive task to take on with little ones! :)

jox said...

Teresa - It has been a long time since I have seen or talked to you. It appears that you are doing wonderful and what a great idea to make applesauce. I was just talking to my wife Lynette about that 2 days ago.
Anyhow - I found your blog as I was looking at Julie Anne's blog. I don't have a lot on my blog yet but come see us at joxsmith.blogspot.com.
Say Hi to your Mom and Dad for me and to Sarah also.
Take Care
Josh Smith

Derek and Kimmie Walker said...

lol...you guys are great! keep up the great work! you guys seriously inspire me not to be lazy!

Anonymous said...

Wow!, It looks like you had fun in spite of all the work! I don't envy all the clean up though:) I love you and Che's songs were beautiful. I love how he drags the last note out so long. Love ya, Deb

Trevor and Holly said...

Your kids are so stinkin cute!! That is so fun that you have such good friends!! Sorry to hear about all your medical problems!! Take care!!

Christa said...

Hey Teresa,

It was fun to see you comment on my blog! It's funny because the same day you were on my blog I had been thinking I should leave a comment about your applesauce capers :-)

Looks like a huge mess, but it also looks like you guys had fun. And you get to reap the benefits--yummy!

I hope you're feeling better after your latest medical problems :-(

It's fun to keep up with you and Brian and your cute kiddos through your blog!